Monday, June 12, 2006

Never A Dull Weekend

Our team was in Olathe, KS over the weekend. It was definitely full of excitement. Of course, not all of it good, there was some drama, but I still had a fun weekend. I decided to buy a bottle of Tequila Rose, among other drinks (I had never tried it before, but anything with the word Tequila will catch my eye). With a little bit of help, we finished off the bottle in two nights. That stuff goes down waaaaay too easy! As for the tournament, we didn't win, but some good things happened and the girls did come out and play well. There will always be those out there that think winning is everything, but I was happy to be in the "A" bracket playing teams that pushed our girls. I feel they will benefit more out of those experiences than going out and playing teams that are nowhere near our level of play. Our girls were noticing things the other teams we played were doing and started thinking about how they could/should be doing these things. We played an entire game without a single one of our girls striking out. And our outfield got more action this weekend than I think they have all year. They improved with every game on getting the ball in quick and hitting their cut-offs. These things to me are more important than the score at the end of the game. I don't think we would have had these opportunities for the girls to learn if we had played in the "B" bracket. But, that's just my opinion as a coach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home