Friday, June 02, 2006

Feels Like Summer

For some reason, it just feels like summer now. For one, I painted my toe nails last night. There is something about painted toes that makes me think of summer. I wear sandals and expose my toes all year, but never seem to care what they look like until summer. I know, I'm odd, get over it. Also, I was sitting in the backyard at Mike and Erin's last night and with the kids running around playing and the guys throwing the football around, it reminded me of when I was kid and out of school and could stay up late playing in the yard. It was nice to sit around and relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. Of course, while I was sitting there, I still managed to get hurt. The guys were each in their own backyards playing catch with the football and the guy two houses down apparently has about as good of aim as my girls did the first week of practice. I didn't even see it coming, the football smacked right into the side of me. The ribs are a little sore, but I'll survive. Of course, if Mike wasn't so old and slow, I might not have to be complaining right now! ;-)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, just twist the dagger a little more! I already felt bad that I wasn't in a position to stop it. I even felt bad that I didn't know it was coming till the last second. Boo hoo. I will never show my face in public again!

Interesting you didn't mention that there were 4 different yards involved, 7 people throwing, two footballs, a privacy fence all around, & dusk! Not to mention the yards were two over to the west, one to the east, one to the north, & the one you were in. The real shame is that the old slow guy has only two eyes that face only one direction at a time.

It's ok, I will be your scapegoat. Like I said last night... at least now you have an excuse for hitting your typical grapefruits on top that barely roll to shortstop!

6/02/2006 11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't roll that far! :o)

6/02/2006 3:46 PM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

Hey now, don't jump on the pick on Kristen wagon! You two both suck! You two will pay! Although, I will admit your description was not only humorous, but right on track. I do suck at hitting slow pitch, but it's just plain rude to point it out! At least I don't eat worms!

6/02/2006 4:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no. Nervous for your revenge I must feel.

Sorry to be rude shortbread girl (oops, sorry, gingerbread girl). I call them like they are. A spade is a spade and a grapefruit is a grapefruit. Would it have been a little less rude if I called them "lemons" istead?

6/02/2006 5:13 PM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

Are you sure you're talking about my hitting?

6/05/2006 9:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure. Sounds like you have other objects in mind though.

You did manage to crack one really nice hit Friday night! Nice job. Quietly under my breath I grunt "it's about time considering softball seems to be your whole life".

6/05/2006 4:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by the time you got around 2nd.... Well, never mind. Nice Hit! :oP

6/06/2006 3:49 PM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

At least I didn't take out the third base coach and roll around on the ground a couple times!

6/06/2006 5:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what happens when you get the train a rollin'!! :o)

6/07/2006 9:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home