Monday, June 05, 2006

Moms are the Best!!!

My great grandmother passed away in March and I took it pretty hard. We were very close and she was such a wonderful person. I miss her sooo much! When I was little and we would go over to visit her, she would always have this old homemade Noah's Ark sitting out waiting for me. It was my favorite thing to play with. When she passed, I really wanted to get this to remember her by and was going to wait for the Estate sale to buy it. Well, my mom surprised me with it last night! It actually almost got thrown out because no one knew what it was. You definitely can't tell it's supposed to be a boat, it's just a couple slabs of wood thrown together with an opening for the animals to go up the ramp and it's falling apart. But, as a kid I didn't care, I loved that thing! I have to say that this is now the most valuable thing I own and I will forever be greatful to my mom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a nice story! You need to fill your life with happy things like this. When they are in your control make this sort of thing your life's resume. When you are not in control, just sit tight and keep these things in mind.

6/05/2006 5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home