Friday, April 20, 2007

Environment

I never realized how much of a role environment plays on our personalities. For months now I've been in this funk I couldn't find my way out of. Snappy and bitchy all the time. Always feeling tired and down. Well, the past few weeks one negative part of my day has been removed. It's amazing how much better it has made me feel. The work day flies by, I am much more pleasant to those around me, I even walk a little taller. I all together have a better outlook on life. It's been wonderful. Those of you who know me well know how busy I am with work and softball. When I was constantly around this negative force it was making work miserable and then that carried over into my softball. I love softball and coaching so the fact that I was even in a bad mood at practices and lessons truly had me baffled. Now that the negativity has been temporarily removed I realized it's not really me. So even though I love my life and am happy, someone constantly ranting negativity in your ear can give you a delusional feeling of hating life. It's crazy. Well, there will always be negative people in our lives, especially when it comes to being at work. There are always unhappy people at every job. So, how do I stay positive and happy when surrounded by negativity 40 hours a week? I truly need opinions, advice, anything you got to help me with this. I've loved how I've felt the past couple weeks and want it to continue even when the negativity returns.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ironic! I read a short, but relevant article while traveling last week. I liked it so much I brought it home to share with Cubs Fan. This article could be meaningful to absolutely everyone. It talks about this very topic and how life is better if we take the good from bad situations, focus on the things other than the negative,& all kinds of tangient thoughts. I will make sure you get a copy tomorrow. It's certainly no Bible, but interesting and relevant reading.

Good for you on shaking the "funk".

4/20/2007 1:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I have not responded sooner. It has been a bit crazy lately.

I could not agree with you any more! External attitudes will have a huge impact on your/anyone's mood. I know that it affects me when other people's attitudes are not positive. I am positive that without the negativity around you, you have been much happier. Let's just pray that if/when negative people come back around, their attitude is more positive.

4/26/2007 10:13 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

earplugs ... ipod ... loud music.

drown out those voices

4/29/2007 7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home