Thursday, March 08, 2007

Two Words

Words are a funny thing. They can cause devastation, happiness, hate, many, many things. Last weekend I heard two words that I have needed to hear for 20 years. "I'm sorry" Two very commonly used words. But, never in my life have two words meant so much to me. I honestly have no idea how exactly it made me feel or what to think of it, but I know at the moment I heard them, I cried the hardest I have ever cried in my life. It was like 20 years of hatred spilling out of me all in one moment. It's very difficult to describe. But, I am very glad it happened. Those feelings have needed to be released for way too long. It doesn't fix what happened, it doesn't mean I'll forget about it and never feel the pain of it. But, it is a release of anger and hatred that has poisoned my veins for far too long. Thank you for apologizing, it meant more than you will ever know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not quite sure what the right words are, but I am "happy" for you. "Happy" isn't really what I am stammering for, but it's the best I can think of. None the less I am glad you were able to hear it actually feel it. Now I have to stop before I start crying (sappy guy at times).

3/09/2007 9:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home