Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Place

I have been in my apartment now for over week. I must say I LOVE my apartment. I think Maxeen and I did a really good job on picking out our furniture. It looks really nice. I got my fish tank (christmas present) all set up. But, I have a bully in the tank, my dragan fish ate another fish. Poor thing! :-( The new apartment gives me a sense of independence which I always crave (and that is of no offense to anyone, just a personality trait). It also finally lets me feel more grown up. I've been under someone else's roof (although the someone varied from year to year) for 25 years and I can finally say I'm putting my own roof over my head. I like that feeling. Of course, there are always issues that come along with everything. I'm battling the issue of leaving Michael's place. We both got spoiled by me staying with him, but we both know that officially moving in together is not what the doctor ordered! Timing is EVERYTHING and now is not the time. I love him and have no doubts that I want to be with him. But anyone who knows us knows the current situation. Plus, I really need this apartment on my own. It's just something I really feel I need. There are some benefits. And no, I'm not talking about quiet nights of sleep without the snorring (although that's nice too!). We get to go back to that new relationship feeling. We go back to desiring to see the other. And I get all dressed up for a date without him seeing me get ready. I like that. So, it's just going to take a little time to adjust. I just hope he knows I love him just the same (if not more) than I did 2 weeks ago when I was still staying with him. I want him even more now and that will definitely work out to him benefit! Well, that's all I have to say about that! =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, I love your new apartment and I am a bit jealous of the office! I am extremely proud of you and sticking to your decision to move out on your own. Sure, it stinks not living with my soulmate and very best friend any more, but I agree that it is fun watching to come out ready for our date looking more beautiful each time I see you. I love you more with every passing minute and I am counting down the days until the time is right for us to live together again. Until then, I look forward to the late night visits and invitations for a date. Like the saying goes, "You place or mine?" :o) Congratulations on your new home!

2/13/2007 1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home