Thursday, December 21, 2006

I miss her!

I've written about how this is my favorite time of year and I am absolutely excited for Christmas. Anyone who reads this, please do not think that I am in any way saddened or upset about the holiday season. But, I must admit that I am sad that I will be spending the holiday without my favorite person. As I wrote earlier in the year Big Granny (my great grandma) left us earlier this year. I always loved going to my grandma's house and sitting and visiting with Big Granny. She always had such neat stories and sweet words. I just can't bare the thought of going to my grandma's house this year and not seeing her sitting at the kitchen table. Some of you know that I am not close with anyone else in my extended family. She was the entire reason I would go over to my grandma's. I would also like to add in here that this is where she did pass. She chose to leave the hospital and go to my grandma's for her final days. They brought the hospice to the house and the family took care of her. The first room you walk in to at the house was where she was in her bed. I have not been back to the house since the days I visited her while she was sick. I'm not sure what is the best thing to do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry. Just remember that passing is just as much a part of life as living. It's hard, but it's the way it is. On the other hand, you are going to have a wonderful Christmas this year. I garuntee it (or your money back).

12/21/2006 3:51 PM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

I know I will still have a wonderful Christmas. Passing is a part of life and I know she would not want me to be sad on her part. That's not how she was, she would want me to enjoy it as I always do. I just can't decide whether or not to go to my grandma's since she was the only reason I went.

12/21/2006 4:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should go in spite of the other relatives. This will keep her memory alive as it sounds to me like she was a "survivor" type person, of which it sounds like you are as well. You have a tradition to carry on in her memory. I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell of her since you were her biggest fan! The rest of your family will benefit from your memories as well. That will be your gift to them.

Quiet Observer

12/22/2006 9:33 PM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

Who is this quiet observer?

12/24/2006 11:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home