Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Guten Tag!

I am in Garmisch, Germany right now. This is the most beautiful place I have seen. I am definitely trying some new things. I have tried leg of lamb, that was ok, definitely not as good as rack of lamb. Today for lunch I tried Bovarian goulash (not sure how to spell that). That was good. Oh, they have THE BEST apple streudel! Mmm, it was so good! I took my first taxi today. And I attempted to learn to drive a stick shift. I only killed it once, so I guess I didn't do too horrible. I had to drive it on the windy roads up the side of the mountain to the hotel though, that made me nervous! I've done some shopping, got a coat, boots and a pair of earrings (they are very pretty). I also did some christmas shopping for my family. Here are some of the pictures I've taken, I will add more later.
















This is the view from one of the restaurants at the hotel. They serve trout that they catch out of this lake.


Below is a picture of a Restaurant we ate at on Monday night. I tried leg of lamb.
All of the buildings here are decorated with painted designs. You can see it here with the picture of the hunters and the designs around the windows. It is amazing how they make these buildings look.




This is one of the buildings we saw as we were walking around Garmisch. This particular building has beautiful wood work, it's hard to see in this picture, but there are designs in the wood around the windows. The painting on the building is also very neat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are nice. But the most beautiful thing in Germany is you! I have never seen you lookmore relaxed, happy, and beautiful! Thanks for coming with me and I want you to know that you are an amazing person and my best friend!

10/17/2006 5:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you SAP!

Hold one a minute, let me run to the restroom. I will get some charmin so you can wipe your nose.

10/19/2006 9:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home