Sunday, September 10, 2006

From Dull to Awesome

Friday night I played in my softball game (which we won by 15 runs!). Then we went out with the team and had a little to eat. Michael was taking me back to my dad's to drop me off and for some odd reason, I suggest "let's go to St Louis." I had absolutely nothing planned for the weekend. It was going to be a boring weekend, so what the hell?! There was conversation leading up to this and Michael recently moved from there, so it wasn't as spontaneous of a statement as it may sound. Surprisingly, he says "ok, let's go." So, I run into my dad's, packed up a bag, then we stopped at Michael's place and he grabbed some clothes and at 11:45 pm friday night, we were on the road. We drove all night and got there around 6:30 am. We had an absolute blast all weekend. I did get completely drunk saturday night. At one point that night, we were playing darts and I said "there is no way I can hit anything on this board." Umm... the dart landed about 3 ft short of the board. Oop! But then I turned around and hit a bull's eye. We saw the new Busch Stadium and walked around down town. Got to see some of Michael's friends. It was a blast. We came back sunday night (tonight). It was so nice just to get away and relax for a weekend. So, next time you get a sudden urge just to take off for a weekend, I say go for it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

18 runs.. get it right girl!

9/11/2006 12:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not let the drunk part get in the way pf me finally kicking some butt in darts.

9/11/2006 10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home