Thursday, August 16, 2007

Weekend Getaway

I took a last minute road trip to Collinsville, IL last weekend (it's near St Louis). My great uncle George passed away last Thursday. He will definitely be missed. But we all know that now he is no longer suffering and is with is wife again. Michael and I took off on friday to head to IL so we could attend the funeral. My dad and stepmom drove up on Saturday. This was also the same weekend as the kids' visitation. Since Collinsville is only one town away from where they live, we just had our visitation out there. It was nice to see both girls. We went to the Science museum in St Louis, that was pretty cool. Other than that I spent the rest of the time with my family. Michael and the kids attended a city festival and had a good time doing that. So I was glad they were able to spend some time together without it just being a drag of a weekend for the kids, they didn't know George and I didn't want to make them go to the funeral and such. Michael was able to go to the funeral with me on Sunday and I thought that was really nice of him, he had never met George either but wanted to be there for me and my dad. Even though the circumstances for the trip were not the best, it was still a nice weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, it was a nice weekend. I wish the circumstances were better, but still a good weekend. Any time we can take a road trip is a good weekend.

8/18/2007 12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home