Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Camping

Last weekend Michael and I did a little camping. Of course, I camp in the spoiled fashion. I no longer pitch a tent and sleep on the ground. We have a camper, so only partially roughing it. Either way, it was still a great weekend. We didn't get out to the site until about 11:00 friday night, but that was enough time to set up the camper and sit outside for a moment or two and then crawled in to bed. I love waking up and sitting outside listening to the sounds of nature, it's very peaceful. Friday was my dad's birthday, but we had a softball game (which we lost in the 8th inning - bummer!). So, I didn't get to spend his actual birthday with him, but I did invite him and my stepmom Beth out to the campsite on Saturday evening instead. So we put some ribs on the grill, which were AWESOME!! I love BBQ. Then we went for a walk around one of the lakes, played a game and then sat around the fire. Roasting marshmallows was fun. I haven't roasted marshmallows in quite a few years. My dad thoroughly enjoyed it and I believe Beth had a good time as well. It was a fun way to celebrate his birthday. So that was my weekend, hope yours was good as well!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun camping! I am anxious to go again (although I don't have it quite as "plush" as you do)!

See you tomorrow night.

By the way... why is it nobody talks on this anymore?

8/09/2007 10:01 AM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

Because I banned you and Michael from bashing each other on my blog!!! Or it could be because I'm just that boring. =(

8/09/2007 10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We never "bashed". Simple teasing a time or two, but who could resist that one you drive a car on top of an ice pile and get stuck?

Don't worry though, I won't bash him here again, there would be no point if he rarely looks or talks here!

8/09/2007 10:08 AM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

it is hard to resist teasing him, he is an easy target. But as you said, he doesn't seem to read his own girlfriend's blog, so what's the point of trying to get a rise out of him when he won't read it.

8/09/2007 10:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say "mission accomplished"!

8/09/2007 10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it's come to my attention that he can't get on here and comment. It's a good thing cause defending yourself when you are guilty just looks worse. Besides, if he was innocent he would have known a long ago the site was blocked.

8/09/2007 10:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always innocent! :o) Kristen, I had a blast camping. It was a fantastic weekend and sooooooo relaxing!

8/10/2007 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home