Monday, May 08, 2006

What A Scream

I officially sound like a man today. I did more yelling over the weekend than I think I have in the past year. Our tournament this weekend was full of all kinds of drama. I won't go in to detail, but the way the tournament was ran and the umpires was a complete disappointment and I had to do some yelling. There was no way I could control myself. I also had to do a little yelling with the girls too (which I HATE to do), but that wasn't a mean, mad yelling, more like getting their attention yelling. I have a feeling the girls will sound as rough as I do tonight. They got soooo pumped up and were yelling and cheering so loud. I think they caught the attention of everyone in the ball park. I am so proud of them for their attitudes and their good sportsmanship. Sometimes it's really hard to be good sports when you get something ripped out from under you so unfairly and these girls did a great job controlling their anger. We did have a lot of good things happen in the tournament and I'm still very pleased with how well the girls played and came together as a team. I also had a great time camping. I think I got 4 hours of sleep with friday night and saturday night combined. I love sitting in front of a fire. We have two games tonight, I hope the girls come as fired up as they were yesterday. Go Shockers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad the girls didn't give me a heart attack! What a weekend! Oh yeah, the softball was a blast too.

5/08/2006 3:04 PM

 
Blogger GingerKid said...

At least the girls didn't make fun of you for your face turning bright red while you were yelling. I think that was my moment closest to a heart attack. Luckily that same day I got to relax at the campsite to bring me back to my normal level of insanity.

5/10/2006 1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home